Tuesday, August 09, 2005

 

In the beginning...

The first thing to decide is what your pool will look like. Then, draw it up. Keep it simple.

On July 28th, I applied for the building permit. I needed 4 copies of the drawing package. The package included a copy of the land plat, location of the boundary lines to the pool, location of the pool to the house, pool plan, and cross-sections of pool construction. All pool drawings were sketched by hand. Cost $275.

I also finished creating material take-off lists for plumbing, rebar, and pool equipment.

My pool equipment list, so far, looks like this:
Component Manufacturer Part # Qty
Filter Hayward C4025 425 sq.ft. 1
Pump Hayward SP2615X20 2 HP 2
Main Drain SP1051AV 2" 5
Returns eyeball 7
Skimmer Hayward SP1082 1
Cleaner Nature2 Professional G 1
Filter Nature2 W28145 1
Vacuum Hayward Navigator 905C 1
Blower Polaris QT 2 HP 1
Spa Jet Waterway pulsating 4
Spa Jet Waterway spinning 3
Valve ? 3-way 2" 2
Valve ? 3-way 1.5" 1


One pump is for the pool and the other is for the spa. The pool pump may be a bit oversized, but I plan on running the return through solar heaters... I still might downsize to a 1.5 HP pump, though.

I'm using #3 (3/8") rebar on a 12"x12" pattern. I'll need 240 20-ft pieces and 30 16-ft pieces.

For plumbing, I'll just buy boxes of fittings (2" and 1.5") and then return what I don't use. I've figured about 35 and 25 10-ft 2" and 1.5", respectively, sections of Sch. 40 PVC pipe.

Electrician is coming out tonight to bid the job.

Still need to locate shotcrete & plaster subs...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?