Saturday, September 03, 2005

 

Forming the pool...


Once the dig was completed, the next step is forming the bond beam. The bond beam determines the shape of the pool and provides structural strength to the walls. These pictures show the bond beam forming, the end wall framing, and the spa forms.


The bond beam was formed because I decided that I did not want to hand dig the beam. So, I over dug the pool walls. I ended up having to hand dig the walls more uniform anyway. I don't know if I actually saved myself any effort. The ledge of the beam form will support insulation sheathing. I constructed the ledge from PT wood in case I can't remove it after the shotcrete goes in.

The end wall was framed because I had to dig a small ramp at that end to get down in (and out) of the hole with the backhoe. This is similar to forming pools in Florida - so I've read... Again, the frame will be covered with insulation sheating.

I dug the spa by hand. It came out slightly out of round. Having a house porch over look the pool requires that I do a better job at making it circular. Staking the forms first using a rope tied to a centered, plumbed stake helped.

After the forming went up, I added the drain lines. Both the spa and the pool will have dual drains for safety.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?