Friday, September 09, 2005

 

Make progress every day...

Tonight, I pulled the rebar off the walls 3 inches. I used 3-inch rebar chairs left over from the house build (boy, that song & dance is getting old). It was important to put together the floor rebar with the wall rebar resting against the walls. This provides the right spring back in the wall rebar to hold the stand-offs (chairs or bricks) in place.

I also started placing the step rebar. This is a little more time consuming. I figure it's important to get the rebar close to the desired shape, but I am hoping that the shotcrete folks make it look nice.

The construction adhesive on the rebar/block combo is working great. The floor doesn't bounce around as much and the blocks are staying in place...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?