Thursday, September 08, 2005

 

Securing the floor...

Not much happened last night...on the pool.

I decided to shore up the floor rebar before I started spacing the rebar off the wall. As you walk across the floor rebar, the wall rebar jumps up and down and I didn't like that. I need that final bend to hit 3 inches from the top surface of the bond beam.

So, I did take Evan's suggestion and used a diamond blade on my tile saw to cut 2"x8"x16" blocks into nice uniform minibricks. I also finally accepted his other suggestion and adhered the bricks to the rebar with the strongest construction adhesive available. I only did this because I couldn't get to Lowes during the day to buy a coil of rebar tie wire , which I would have preferred to use to tie the bricks in place and I had the adhesive already.


I'm finding that my surplus of construction material from building the house is quickly getting used on this project. I'm now trying to figure out where to put the bathtub that I ordered for the house but could not use or send back! If I had not already dug the spa...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?