Tuesday, October 11, 2005

 

We needed the Rain, but ...

By Saturday night, the pool had 2 feet of water. I sent Nick down in to check the depth. By Monday afternoon, I was able to start working again albeit a bit muddy.

I cleaned up the forms and redid the gutter drain. I covered some of the piping with dirt to help support/protect the pipe from tractor buckets of fill. This was done with a shovel and I always find it amazing how much dirt one can move with a shovel! Several piles under the porch had to be shoveled by hand because the tractor would not have been able to get in there. I then was able to start grading with the tractor again.

I have nearly completed the rough grading. The rain has done a nice job of packing the soil in around the pool!

Work on the pool will cease until 10/25. In case any pool building fans (say hi to Vicki for me) are wondering, I am taking a guided hunt for elk in the Sawtooth mountains of Idaho.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?