Saturday, April 15, 2006

 

Let's Catch Up...

It has been awhile since my last update on the pool construction. To start, I was able to install the fence over the warm winter. I put a gate near the deck and a utility gate (double gate) at the far end of the yard. The utility gate allows basement delivery of heavy items.

I had 20 yards of topsoil delivered. I spread it around the pool area to cover the red clay from the dig out. I purchased 60 pounds of Turf Alive III w/ Rhizomes (www.gardensalive.com) and spread at twice the recommended rate. I used about 26 bales of straw to cover the seed after I rolled it into the soil with my 4-foot roller. The seed has started sprouting this week.

I built a wall between the house and the porch column to separate/hide the pool equipment from the pool area. The plan is to cover it with gray vinyl siding.

The electical work has been completed and inspected. I have initially failed my final building inspection. One gate was installed with an incorrect swing - needs to swing away from the pool. I also failed to have the rebar inspected prior to pouring the pool.

This really angered me. I called the inspection in last fall but I was told I only needed the bonding electrical inspection! My solution is to certify the installation with photos and a PE's signature stating all is well.

Today I will start the tiling process...

More photos soon.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?