Tuesday, May 02, 2006

 

One long FINAL weekend...


I scheduled plaster back in the Fall. There was no way that I was going to get rescheduled because I was not ready. I took Friday, 4/28/06, off from work and started placing stone on the top of the spa wall and spillway. This was a chore! It took all day just to fit the puzzle together. I finished laying half the stone before quiting late Saturday morning.

I rose early Saturday morning and finished the top wall stone. I still have to come back and cut the outside edges after I set the side stone in place. The next job was to finish the tiling around the spillway. I started grouting around 7:30PM and ran out of grout around 1:30AM, Sunday.

Later Sunday morning I went over to Lowes (www.lowes.com) to pick up more grout. I got there as the opened the store and was back home by 8:40AM. I finished grouting by 11:00AM, which will give the grout a full 24 hour cure. Plaster is expected to begin around 12:30PM on Monday.

I started to install the spa jets but had to cut it short to set up for Tony's baseball game. When we finally returned, Bob & Pat stopped by and helped clean out the pool one final time. Bob swept and Pat vacuumed. I ran around installing jet plaster caps on the jet tubes and got the skimmer ready - basically kept busy enough to not look like I wasn't doing anything while my 75-year old in-laws cleaned the pool!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?